Thursday 18 December 2014

Ron heads to Mello FM with Barry G

It is unclear what the next move of influential disc jockey Ron Muschette, who recently resigned from Irie FM, will be, but according to his Facebook page, it appears he will still be on radio.
Sources have told THE news team that the disc jockey, born Deron Muschette, will be heading to western Jamaica radio station Mello FM, where he is to be slotted in between popular hosts Richie B and Barry G.
However, when the station was contacted yesterday, a representative declined to comment on the move.
"I cannot comment. I am not at liberty to comment on that, sorry," she said.
A post to the disc jockey's wall on Facebook hinted at him possibly remaining on the airwaves, but it gave no indication as to what this could mean.
expressed sadness
"Thursday [today] I will be releasing a video through my blog site of why I left Irie FM and where my next stop will be. You will still be hearing my voice over your airwaves and will be smiling for many years to come," the post said on Muschette's wall.
Many fans have also expressed sadness at the resignation of the disc jock and have posted questions of the decision he made to leave the Ocho Rios - based radio station.
Muschette, who is best known as the host of the leading morning programme 'Wake-Up Call', which occupies the 6 a.m.to 10 a.m. weekday slot, decided it was time to move on to greater heights.
"I'm grateful for my time at Irie Fm and for all the wonderful experiences it brought. I was able to travel the world and be recognised for my talent. That is an inspiration in itself and I will be forever thankful," Muschette said in a media release. Muschette began working at Irie FM in 1999.

No comments: