Thursday, 18 December 2014

Ron heads to Mello FM with Barry G

It is unclear what the next move of influential disc jockey Ron Muschette, who recently resigned from Irie FM, will be, but according to his Facebook page, it appears he will still be on radio.
Sources have told THE news team that the disc jockey, born Deron Muschette, will be heading to western Jamaica radio station Mello FM, where he is to be slotted in between popular hosts Richie B and Barry G.
However, when the station was contacted yesterday, a representative declined to comment on the move.
"I cannot comment. I am not at liberty to comment on that, sorry," she said.
A post to the disc jockey's wall on Facebook hinted at him possibly remaining on the airwaves, but it gave no indication as to what this could mean.
expressed sadness
"Thursday [today] I will be releasing a video through my blog site of why I left Irie FM and where my next stop will be. You will still be hearing my voice over your airwaves and will be smiling for many years to come," the post said on Muschette's wall.
Many fans have also expressed sadness at the resignation of the disc jock and have posted questions of the decision he made to leave the Ocho Rios - based radio station.
Muschette, who is best known as the host of the leading morning programme 'Wake-Up Call', which occupies the 6 a.m.to 10 a.m. weekday slot, decided it was time to move on to greater heights.
"I'm grateful for my time at Irie Fm and for all the wonderful experiences it brought. I was able to travel the world and be recognised for my talent. That is an inspiration in itself and I will be forever thankful," Muschette said in a media release. Muschette began working at Irie FM in 1999.

TEFLON SAYS I-OCTANE MUST RESPECT HIS MUSICAL ELDERS

Recording Artiste Teflon says fellow artist I-Octane needs to be mindful and pay respect to artistes who have been in the industry before him.
 
Teflon was referring to an incident where it is alleged, he and Sizzla had to chase I-Octane off stage at the West Kingston Jamboree, as he tried to perform as the show was being ended.
 
Teflon states that while it might have been a case of misunderstanding, I-Octane needed to respect his senior counterparts.

Rita Ora is single again after splitting up.

The Radioactive singer began dating Ricky Hilfiger, son of fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger, six months ago after her relationship with DJ Calvin Harris ended. However it seems that the 24-year-old is back on the market after her hectic schedule seemingly got in the way.
'Rita is so busy she is just flat out at the moment. She's recording The Voice on BBC1, she has campaigns for make-up, clothing and a perfume coming out,' a source told British newspaper The Mirror. 'Not to mention featuring in a Hollywood film, performing for the Obamas this week and recording her second album. Realistically, she doesn't have time for a steady relationship.'
Rita will soon be seen on the big screen in the highly anticipated movie adaptation of 50 Shades of Grey. Ricky is also busy working on his own music.
But while the split has come just before Christmas, it doesn't seem like there are any hard feelings between the two.
'It's not acrimonious ' they just sort of drifted apart,' the insider continued. 'They had a great time in Marrakech last month for her birthday but since then she has been working non-stop in the States. As much as she liked Ricky, her career is her priority at the moment, while he's working on his own album.'
However the source believes the former couple's paths will still cross, and that sometime in the future if their work schedules allow, the spark could be rekindled.
'They do share a lot of mutual friends, though, so they're bound to stay in touch,' they said. "However it's just not practical to be together right now.'