Monday 21 October 2013

Brave pastor pulls own gun, stops robbery in progress

Pastor Carl Sanders had no intention of being a hero when he walked into a Dollar General Store on Friday night. But when the Evansville, Ind., minister went into the store, he found a terrified clerk being beaten and threatened by a man with a plastic-covered item that appeared to be a handgun. "He was telling me to get on the ground," Sanders told WFIE. "That's when I pulled my weapon and [said] 'No, you get on the ground.'" Sanders, who has a permit to carry a firearm, held his gun on alleged almost-robber Jermaine Dewayne Marshall as he calmly called the police. "I laid my life down for some people," Sanders said. "I wasn't going to hurt [Marshall], but I wanted him to know you can't do that." Marshall, who was promptly arrested when police arrived, was discovered to be armed with a spoon wrapped in plastic.

No comments: