Friday 14 February 2014

It is rare that you find someone as passionate about music as Nordia Witter.

Having fantasised about being an artiste since her high-school years, Nordia is now on the path of making this dream a reality.
"I can't see myself doing anything else," she told THE weekend STAR.
Though she might be a new name to many, this is sure to change soon. Witter, who grew up in the church, credited Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey as her inspirations.
"Growing up in the church, I wasn't exposed to a lot of genres. Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston were the only great singers I could remember, so they were a big influence on me wanting to be a singer back then. Bob Marley is, no doubt the greatest reggae artiste of all time, so I can never forget about him and also Grace Jones, both of who paved the way," she said.
Describing her music as a fusion of dancehall and pop, the genres she listens to most, the young talent confirmed that she also, pens her own lyrics.
Nordia recently released her latest single, B Rida, which will have fans of the artiste singing and dancing along. The infectious and catchy song making waves on local radio is also guaranteed to earn new supporters, with plans to shoot a video already in the works.
"I am amazed at all the positive feedback. I really appreciate all the love and support. I'm feeling tremendously happy and blessed and I am a hundred percent ready to put in the work," she said.
Still enthusiastic and hopeful that one day she will be given a chance to prove her worth, as everyone who has made anything of themselves will tell you, the journey to the top is paved with many hardships. This is no different for Witter.
The budding artiste is working full time on her music in an effort to further hone her craft.
"I want to take my music to an international level," she said.
While B Rida promises to heat up iTunes, Nordia is already preparing to release more singles before the summer and has been hard at work in studios.

No comments: