Monday 12 May 2014

50 Cent Made Interscope Pay him $23 Million Before Leaving

In a recent interview with BNN, 50 Cent revealed that it took him four years to negotiate his $23 million pay out as he departed from Interscope.
50 Cent had many problems with Interscope and him leaving the label was inevitable. In his discussion with Business News Network, he revealed that it took four years to negotiate and he received $23 million as he left the label. He also spoke on his new independent album Animal Ambition and how he is considering it his reintroduction to the rap game. His music has been the best in year so we’re looking forward to it.
50 said, “For me it’s my reintroduction. ‘Cause I’ve spent a long time period on hiatus. I was in the back portion in the music business. I was in the business portion of music for four years. Because it was my fifth and final album requirement for Interscope we was in a position where we would have to do audits and go through the books and everything. It was conflicts in different areas. My album, Get Rich Or Die Tryin is the largest debuting Hip Hop album and the way we sold ringtones at that point is exactly how we sell the single. So, the language in the contracts spoke to the same light and the way I would be paid off a ringtone…if that’s the way I was to be paid off the singles would mean that they owed me like another $23 million maybe. So we went through that process and it took—for four years actually. It took a while for us to get through it.”
Fifty shares how important Beats Audio is to Interscope and how that conflicted with his headphone line, SMS Audio. Which ultimately led to his departure from the label.

No comments: