Sunday 7 December 2014

CHARLY BLACK WINS EUROPEAN AWARD

Dancehall artiste Charly Black last week won a VCA (Video Clip Award) just before he returned to the island for a song titled 'Desire'.
Desire was a collaboration done with European artiste Da-Roc, who is from Luxembourg.
"He has a big following, so that helped with the promotion of the song. I am very grateful that we won the award, although, sadly, I had a show in Paris and didnt get to attend the award ceremony. But I give thanks same way; it shows that my music is growing in different territories," said Charly Black.
The artistes recorded Desire earlier this year. Da-Roc reached out to Charly Black via Facebook three years ago, and since then, they have been in dialogue.
It was not until February of this year, while Charly was in Europe, that they met up and recorded Desire. A video was shot the day after, and since the release of the video, the song has received great reviews.
The deejay said things have been going well for him on the continent, as he recently returned from a six-week tour.
While on tour, the deejay broke musical barriers and was introduced to new territories, where most dancehall artistes have not yet performed.
He performed at sold-out commercial venues, in which Sean Paul, Shaggy, Busy Signal, and Popcaan have only performed. Luxembourg was a new territory where Charly Black performed. He was well received.
"Throughout the performance, I had to keep increasing the energy, because they like the hardcore dancehall songs. I was a little surprised to see thatLuxembourg, a country I was performing for thefirsttime, knew my songs and enjoyed every minute of my performance," Black said.
While in Europe, Charly Black shot a video for Party Animal, produced by Kurt Riley.His patriotic hit, I am a Jamaican, topped the dancehall chart in October for three weeks in a row.
Charly Black is currently putting together scripts with his director to shoot videos for I would like to know, produced by Arif Cooper, and Bike Back .
Follow Charly Black on Twitter: @Charlyblack876
Instagram: @charlytrelawnyblack

No comments: