Friday 18 October 2013

Bow Wow Meets 'Catfish' Victim And Impersonator

106 & Catfish? After the popular MTV program "Catfish" revealed that an online romancethat was built on the belief that a woman was “dating” Bow Wow was in fact a ruse, the self-proclaimed "Mr. 106 & Park" brought Keyonna and his doppleganger, Dee Pimpin, on the show to hear firsthand why she impersonated him for love.
"Well, I looked up to you as a kid," Dee Pimpin told Bow Weezy, when asked why she picked him over a litany of celebrities to impersonate. "I was doing music too, so a lot of kids called me [Bow Wow] when I was younger because I had the afro and I was doing music at a young age. So, I kind of fell into your path and tried to walk your steps."
Dee Pimpin is so deluded that when she was announced to come tell her side of things, she mimicked Bow Wow's dance moves all the way to the sofa.
For his part, though, the “Sweat” MC laughed off the fact that Dee Pimpin impersonated him for six months to win Keyonna’s heart and even let the aspiring rapper debut her music video, “Stunnaz,” on the program.
"A lot of people thought I was going to be mad," Bow said. "I said, 'Nah, man. It's flattering because you have somebody that actually wants to be you.' I remember being a kid, there was people I wanted to be like. Allen Iverson was my idol, still to this day. I wanted to be Allen Iverson. When I was on the basketball court, I thought I was A.I. So when they asked me how I felt about somebody impersonating me, I was like, 'I'm cool with it. It's flattering. It's love.' That's how I felt. I'm not the type of celebrity to get mad and upset about anything. We like to turn the negative things into positive things and I ain't seen nothin' negative about it."
In the three-minute clip, Pimpin wears a t-shirt with her social media handle emblazoned on it and displays a rhyme style that harkens back to Bow Wow's early years as a neophyte emcee under Snoop Dogg's tutelage. The video quality was surprisingly good, but don't expect to hear Dee Pimpin's catalog coming through your radio any time soon.

No comments: