Friday 18 October 2013

Lil Wayne Dropping Tha Carter V Soon?



It's been two years since Lil Wayne dropped Tha Carter IV and it's follow-up may be coming soon. According to Mel Smith, Young Money's SVP of Promotions, the album is coming soon.
"Happy Friday!! New YMCMB music coming soon!! Carter 5," Mel tweeted today.
Weezy fans know that the release of Tha Carter V will not only mean new music from the rapper but possibly his nearing retirement. Wayne told late night host Jimmy Kimmel this year that Tha Carter V would be his last album and then he would throw in the towel. "But after Tha Carter V I HOPE that I can retire!" said Wayne. The rapper did however, say that "My next album isn't Tha Carter V,'" so it's unclear still what his exact plans are.
If he does retire, Wayne could always fall back on his fashion business. The TRUKFIT rapper just announced a new partnership with Parisian watch and accessory company wize&ope. This is his first partnership with an international accessory brand.
"My personal style, as well as my everyday lifestyle, has always been about individuality and being open minded,” said Lil Wayne per a press release. “I was drawn to wize&ope because of their amazing design, fresh packaging and their support of individuality. I’m excited to bring wize&ope watches stateside and inspire their future collections."

No comments: