Wednesday 1 January 2014

Popular DJ Boom Boom was the highlight of the recently concluded Stone Love Anniversary, winning the 'Stone Love Selector of the Year' award for the fifth time in a row, along with his partner in music Harry Hype.

According to Boom Boom, born Marlon Wizard, he is proud to have proved his critics wrong for the fifth time.
"I feel overwhelmed. They said I wouldn't win after I won it the first time and I went and did it four more times. They keep praying for my downfall but Jah always make me stronger," the DJ said.
The DJ told The Gleaner his secret to staying on top of his competition for the past five years.
"I think I keep winning because I keep my thing different from the others. I expose a lot of young talent, mi always a buss youth. Also, I don't just play music like that, I also entertain the audience, so when patrons watch Boom Boom and Harry Hype play, it's like they are at a stage show," Boom Boom said.
Boom Boom also won the Selector of the Year at THE STAR Awards in 2012, but aside from winning local awards, the DJ believes he has more to offer to the music industry.
"I am grateful to Stone Love and Fada Pow for recognising true talent and to the fans for supporting Boom Boom and Harry Hype. All now the world nuh see wi true potential as yet. Big up Fada Pow and the real artistes who keep the thing real," Boom Boom said.
Boom Boom was also involved in a motor vehicle accident while travelling home from Sting 30 at Jamworld in Portmore.
However, the DJ still managed to pull himself together in time to collect his award, as well as play some music while Stone Love celebrated its anniversary.
Earlier, Stone Love started its celebration by playing reggae and dancehall from the 1990s.
Songs like Capleton's Slew Dem and Elephant Man's Log On had patrons in a frenzy.
Alanso Hawk brought tranquility to the hardcore dancehall setting with vintage soul music, while World Champion sound Metro Media went for Sizzla selections during their set.
Rural giant Bass Odyssey was also present, and while the occasion was not about clashing, the iconic sound system stamped its class by playing a series of dubplates from Sizzla, as well as the popular Angola by Jah Bouks.
Boom Boom and Harry Hype also showed fans why they won the Stone Love selector's award five years in a row.
The duo played dancehall songs like Messiah by Mavado andGangster City.
Aside from Boom Boom and Harry Hype, other personalities who won awards at Stone Love Anniversary include Shelly Belly, Lugu Lugu and Bounty Killer.
There were also performances from Bounty Killer, Ginjah, Alkaline, Iyara, New Kids, Tugzy Malone, Baby Chris, Nitchie Kutchie, John Holt, Coco Tea and LUST.

No comments: