Saturday 22 February 2014

Villanaire is determined to make a name for himself in Jamaica's competitive music business


UP-AND-COMING singjay Villanaire is determined to make a name for himself in Jamaica's competitive music business and he believes he has the perfect game plan.
"In order to do that, I won't limit myself to just dancehall and reggae, but I will be doing other genres of music as there are no boundaries to good music," the entertainer told the Jamaica Observer.
The 23-year-old singjay, whose real name is Fanseco Byrd Jr, said he is encouraged by the feedback to his latest releases — As Well and Me Love.
Both songs were released in January. As Well was done on his Inka Tribe Entertainment label, while Me Love was produced for UIM Records.
"Both songs have a different flavour. Me Love is with a cross-over track and As Well is more of a social commentary. They're on a couple of rotations and getting a buzz," he said.
Born in May Pen, Villanaire attended at Glenmuir High School in Clarendon and was part of the victorious DaCosta Cup team in 2006. However, the musical pull was greater.
"I was a footballer. But more importantly, I made a name for myself as 'Byrd Villain' by performing in lunchtime lyrical clashes," he said.
A final-year student at the University of the West Indies, the singjay has put his degree in Cultural Entertainment and Enterprise Management on hold.
"I'm just pushing my career now. I'll be on a two-year leave of absence from school but I'll be back," he said.
Villanaire got his break in the music industry in 2011 when he released In the Night for Corey Todd Productions.
He has since released a 25-track mixtape named Sextape as well as Charge Up, Bully Mi, Ano My Gyal and Pushy Gud.

No comments: