Monday 5 May 2014

Mystic's 'Bubble Butt' makes movie soundtrack

Bubble Butt, performed by Jamaican dancer/recording artiste Mystic Davis, is not only a billboard hit, but was recently selected by Fox Films as a soundtrack for the movie The Other Woman.
The song, which is produced by Major Lazer, peaked at number 56 on Billboard hot 100, after making its debut at number 95 earlier this year.
Bubble Butt also features American rappers Tyga and 2 Chainz as well as pop/reggae artiste Bruno Mars. The song currently has over 24 million views on YouTube.com.
According to Mystic, the success of the song is a cause to celebrate.
"I was called by Fox Films and told that they were going to use the song, then somebody told me they saw the movie and they heard the song. Right now I am excited because it is not everyday that your song is featured in a movie that's pretty cool," Mystic said.
Mystic disclosed that she is now finalising deals with publishers as well as weighing her options for other business negotiations.
"I am registered with DMI and I am going to work with Forward Records by G Jam. My publishing deals aren't fully sorted out, but publishing does not expire it only accumulates, so when the deals are finalised I will get my due," Mystic said.
The dancer turned artiste is currently working on an album with Bizzle and Troy Baker of Diztroy Productions.
"I have the opportunity to be creative and I still dance. I have a dancing studio in Port Antonio and will open others in Ocho Rios and Montego Bay," she said.
The Other Woman features stars Cameron Diaz, Kate Upton and Nicki Minaj.

No comments: