Tuesday 9 December 2014

Beenie 'hijacks' Sunshine's rhythm, sunshine thinks its cool

Dancehall artiste Beenie Man has joined the list of more than 50 recording artistes who have hijacked DJ Sunshine's 'Wul Dem Again' rhythm. However, unlike the others, DJ Sunshine has given the Grammy award-winning deejay a pass.
"Sunshine, why yu hide the rhythm? Di beat bad and mi deh pon most of DJ Sunshine beat dem except the last two, suh mi couldn't mek it pass. We just hold a vibe on the rhythm because everybody on there cursing, so we decide to make people dance, so it's a different style," Beenie Man told THE news team.
According to the artiste, he did not ask DJ Sunshine to record on the rhythm, but the song, Hold Unno Own, could not be left off. He also said he has no problem with artistes recording on rhythms without permission, once the song does not damage the producer's product.
"Mi neva ask Sunshine, but it depends on the artiste. I am Beenie man. It also depends on the vibe that the artistes are bringing, because if the artiste is sending a message that the producer does not support he/she might not want to be a part of the record. But if the song is good, there is no way the producer will ignore that song. My song is made to make people happy and dance,"Beenie Man said.
DJ Sunshine was in a fiery mood the last time she spoke to The STAR regarding the rhythm. This time around, she was more relaxed when addressing Beenie Man's effort.
"When I listened to the song, I realised that it was very good, and Beenie Man, is definitely dancehall's King. Beenie Man a me first love yu and I will put it out officially on Yellowmoon Records," she said.
third installment
The DJ producer is also gearing up to release a third instalment of the rhythm called the 'Wul Dem Again Finale'. She says the success of the project exceeded her expectations, therefore she is forced to extend the production for the third time before Christmas.
As for the list of artistes who illegally recorded on the 'Wul Dem Again' rhythm, DJ Sunshine says she will continue to exclude them from her productions.
"I am sticking to my word, I won't be working with those artistes, but the way Beenie Man approached it was nothing short of a genius and he acknowledged me as the creator. I have also identified a set of young artistes that I will be working with, so I will definitely be helping to develop acts," DJ Sunshine said.

No comments: